Last updated: 25 July 2021
Atomley is a surveying platform for B2B events operated by Atomley Limited ("we", "us", "our"). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, ("GDPR") or any subsequent amendment or replacement or supplementary legislation or any subsequent amendment or replacement or supplementary legislation (together "Data Protection Law"), the data processor is Atomley Limited, 53 Frith Street, London, W1D 4SN.
"Contact" is any individual that a Member may contact through our Services. A Contact includes anyone on a Member’s Distribution List or about whom a Member has given us information. For example: If you attend an event hosted by a Member(e.g. a webinar), you would be considered a Contact.
"Distribution List" is a list of Contacts a Member may upload or manage through the Services and all associated information related to those Contacts. For example: A Contact’s email addresses or mobile telephone number.
"Member" means any person or entity that is registered with us to use the Services. Examples include event providers (e.g. webinar organisers / hosts) and event sponsors (e.g. brands sponsoring webinars).
"Personal Data" means any information that identifies or can be used to identify a Member, a Contact, or a Visitor, directly or indirectly. For example: this includes but is not limited to, first name, last name, email address, job title, profile picture and company name.
"Visitor" means any person who visits or uses the Services.
"you" and "your" means, depending on the context, either a Member, a Contact, or a Visitor.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We collect and use the Personal Data described below in order to provide you with access to our website and services in a reliable and secure manner. We also collect and use Personal Data:
- For our legitimate business needs.
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- To the extent we process your Personal Data for any other purposes, we ask for your consent in advance or require that our partners or Members obtain such consent.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by using our Services or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Services, check into a Member’s event using our Event app, subscribe to our newsletter, and when you report a problem with our Services. The information you give us may include your name, job title, company name, email address, cell / mobile phone number, profile photograph, and a link to your Linkedin profile.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our Services we may automatically collect information about how you use our Services, such as the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Services (including date and time); items you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- information about the events you create, attend or information submitted to our Services. This includes but is not limited to information on event preferences; events attended; event feedback; event ratings; feedback; requests for further information.
Information we receive from other sources.
- we also receive and analyse information that other people provide when they use our Services. This can include information about you.
- we may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected by our Services.
- we also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. This information may include, but is not limited to your name, job title, company name, email address and Linkedin profile URL.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways.
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with the information, Services and products that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you (e.g. via email) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this by selecting the relevant box situated on the form on which we collected your data;
- to notify you about changes to our Services, policies or Terms and Conditions;
- to personalise and improve our Services and make suggestions for you about our events or offers.
- to create personalised Services that are unique and relevant to you, we use your preferences and activities based on the data that we collect and learn from you and others.
- to ensure that content from our Services are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Services, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new Services and features.
- to help business partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their offers and services and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their services.
- As described above, Atomley provides event surveying services to its Members. In connection with those Services, our Members may electronically submit to us data or information they possess about their Contacts for hosting and processing purposes in connection with the Services. Atomley only uses Contact Data per the terms of our relevant agreement with our Members, or as may be required by law.
- The Services may permit a Member (or its authorized agents) to connect with a Contact through the Services, including via SMS or email or other methods of communication. Note that by communicating with a Contact, an agent of a Member may be sharing its Personal Data, including its name and email address, with such Contact.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve and to deliver relevant advertising;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Information we share with third parties.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, in particular event providers and event sponsors, where applicable. For example: we provide Members with reports about how Contacts have rated their event experiences and what information they have requested from them.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Services.
Information we disclose to third parties.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Atomley Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and/or any other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, safety, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may also share non-personally identifiable information and aggregate information for other business purposes. For instance, we may share aggregate reports with third parties to help them understand the usage patterns of our Services or those of our business partners.
- If we detect abusive or illegal behaviour related to your Distribution List, we may share your Distribution List or portions of it with affected ISPs or anti-spam organisations to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or partners. Such staff or subcontractors maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details or the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside of the EEA.
Our Services are accessible via the internet and may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other users may access the Services from outside the EEA. This means that where you chose to submit your data to our Services, it could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the EEA may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right under the Act, free of charge, to request:
- Access to your personal data.
- Rectification or deletion of your personal data.
- A restriction on the processing of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- A transfer of your personal data (data portability).
Where we process your personal data for marketing purposes, we will inform you and obtain your opt-in consent (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please click on the opt out options and we will remove you from our mailing lists.
We send push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any service updates and events. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please disable these in the settings on your device.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary for the relevant activity for which it was provided or collected. This will be for as long as we provide access to the Services to you, your account with us remains open or any period set out in any relevant contract you have with us. However, we may keep some data after your account is closed or you cease using the Services for the purposes set out below.
After you have closed your account or ceased using the Services for a period of at least 36 months, we usually delete personal data, however we may retain personal data where reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our Terms and Conditions, or fulfil your request to "unsubscribe" from further messages from us.
We will retain de-personalised information after your account has been closed.
Please note: After you have closed your account or deleted information from your account, any information you have shared with others will remain visible. We do not control data that other users may have copied from the Services.
The Information Commissioner’s Office at, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England ("ICO").
AGE OF USERS
The Services are not intended for and shall not be used by anyone under the age of 16.
Atomley Limited, 53 Frith Street, London, W1D 4SN; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org